Last updated: October 4, 2023
Lundquist Consulting, Inc. (“LCI” or “we”) respect your concerns about privacy. This Online Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) applies to personal data we collect on the https://www.lciinc.com/ website (the “Site”). The Notice describes the types of personal data we obtain, how we use the personal data, and with whom we share it. We also describe the rights you may have and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
- How We Obtain Information About You
LCI strives to minimize the personal data that is collected about our Site visitors. When we do collect personal data, it is data that you provide to us as described here, or data we collect by automated means as described below.
LCI may collect personal data that you choose to provide to us through the Site, including, but not limited to, your name, title, industry, physical address, email address, or telephone number, such as when you:
- Fill out a form on the Site;
- Sign-up to receive direct marketing communications on the Site;
- Sign-up to a feature that we offer on the Site and provide your personal data in connection with that feature;
- Attend an event that we or an affiliate has organized; or
- Communicate with us via email or through a social media platform.
When you visit our Sites, we also may collect certain information by automated means using technologies such as cookies, non-cookie-based tokens, web server logs, tracking pixels, and web beacons. Cookies are files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to identify your browser uniquely or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site. Non-cookie-based tokens are encoded URL-based identifiers that track email click-thru activity or time-sensitive password reset keys and will work in scenarios where cookies are disabled, or a session has not been initiated.
We may also collect personal data in other contexts through our Site that we will notify you of at the time.
- Information We Obtain
Information That You Provide to Us
Personal data that you provide directly to us will be apparent from the context in which you provide it, for example:
- If you fill out a form on our Site, you will generally provide your name, contact details and any other information requested by the form, such as the reason for your enquiry;
- If you email us regarding a question you may have, you will generally provide your name, email address and other contact information;
- If you sign up to receive electronic marketing communications from us, you will generally provide your name, email address and other contact information, and your product preferences;
- If you sign up to a on our Site, you will generally provide your name and contact information and any other information necessary to access the feature.
The forms on our Site may vary in the information required and collected. In most cases, an asterisk (*) indicates the required information on a form. You may choose to provide additional information within fields that are not required.
Our web servers may log information such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. The web server logs may also record information such as the address of the web page that referred you to our Sites and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. They may also log information about your interaction with the Sites, such as which pages you visit. To control which web servers collect information by automated means, we may place tags called “web beacons” — small files that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies. We may also collect information from your browser, such as your browsing history, and use it in conjunction with data gathered from forms and emails to help us understand and respond to your needs.
“Do Not Track” Signals
Your browser settings may allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit. Like many other websites and online services, we do not currently process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals from your browser or to other mechanisms that enable choice. Please note that, while we do not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not permit third parties to collect your personally identifiable information (PII) and track your activity over time and across third-party websites or online services.
Social Media Widgets
The Site includes social media functions, such as the LinkedIn widget. This widget may collect information about which pages you visit on the Site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. The widgets may also set a cookie to ensure the features are functioning properly.
Social media functions and widgets are hosted either by a third party or directly on the Site. Your interactions with the social media functions and widgets located on the Site are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them. If you use any of the social media functions or widgets on our Site, we strongly suggest you review the privacy policies of the companies that provide those functions and features.
If you are a LinkedIn member and you visit our Site from LinkedIn, our Site may use tracking pixels — transparent graphic images placed on web pages — which, in combination with cookies, collect information contained within your LinkedIn profile as well as your access of and interaction with the web pages that contain the pixels. LCI works with LinkedIn to provide Sponsored Updates and advertisements to your LinkedIn news feed. If you complete a form on our Site you will receive Sponsored InMails in your LinkedIn email account based on your visits to the Site and your perceived interests. To learn how to opt out of Sponsored InMail, navigate to Privacy & Settings in your LinkedIn account, choose the “Communications” tab, and then click “Turn on/off Partner InMail” to disable Sponsored InMails.
Information that we collect from third parties will generally consist of publicly-available profile information (such as your preferences and interests), for example from public social media posts.
- How We Use Information That We Obtain
Information That You Provide to Us
We may use personal data that you provide to us to respond to your enquiry, for example, to contact you about your request or ask a question, provide announcements about products and future events, conduct surveys, consider your application for employment, and contact you for other reasons related to offering and improving our services. We use the personal data for these purposes because we have a legitimate business interest in providing services to our customers and other interested individuals that is not overridden by your interests, rights and freedoms to protect personal data about you.
In addition to the uses discussed above, we may also use the personal data you provide on our Site to:
- operate, evaluate, and improve our business;
- develop new products and services;
- perform market research;
- advertise and market our products and services;
- determine the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing;
- analyze our products, services, and websites;
- administer the Site.
We may also use the information to protect against and prevent fraud, claims, and other liabilities and to comply with or enforce applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and our policies and terms. We use personal data for these purposes when it is necessary to protect, exercise or defend our legal rights, or when we are required to do so by law that applies to us.
We use personal data that we collect automatically through cookies, non-cookie-based tokens, web beacons, and other automated means for purposes such as customizing and enhancing our visitors’ visits to the Site, obtaining information about the preferences of our visitors as well as the services they select, facilitating use of the Sites, collecting statistics about your visits to the Site, and understanding the manner in which our visitors browse the Site. We also use the information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer the Site, and identify visitors to the Site. We use clickstream data to determine how much time visitors spend on web pages of the Site, how visitors navigate through the Site, and how we may tailor the Site to meet the needs of our visitors.
We use the personal data for the purposes described above because we have a legitimate interest in operating and improving our Site that is not overridden by your interests, rights and freedoms to protect personal data about you.
To learn how to opt out of Google Analytics, visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Other Uses of Information
In addition to the uses described above, we may use personal data that you provide to us or that we collect for other purposes. Where that is the case, we will provide an additional privacy notice to you that describes the purposes for which we will use the personal data and our legal basis for doing so..
- Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal data that you provide to us or that we collect on our Site, except as described here. We may share personal data you provide to us or that we collect on the Site with:
- other entities affiliated with LCI (including parent companies and subsidiaries); and
- service providers that perform services on our behalf such as payment service providers, analytics providers, hosting providers and advisers.
We may share personal data with our affiliates for a number of reasons, including because:
- You have requested information about our affiliates’ products and services. All service providers have entered into legally binding agreements requiring them to use or disclose personal data only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with applicable legal requirements.
In addition, we may disclose personal data about you (a) if we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, for example due to a court order or a request from a law enforcement agency, (b) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (c) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or other illegal activity, and (c) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation).
LCI takes reasonable and appropriate measures to protect information collected on this Site from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. In the event there is unauthorized use, access or disclosure that requires notice based on law or regulation, LCI will provide such notice by email at the last email address you provided us, via post at the last physical addressed you provided us or by posting such a notice on our website or by other means, consistent with applicable law.
- How Long We Keep Information
The time period for which we keep personal data depends on the purpose for which we collected it. In all cases we keep it for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it. We will then delete the personal data, unless we are legally required to retain it or if we need to retain it in order to comply with our legal obligations.
Subject to any applicable legal requirements, we typically retain personal data as follows:
- Personal data you provide to us through our Site: we keep this personal data for as long as necessary in order to respond to your request, and for a further period in case you send us further requests;
- Personal data you provide when you sign-up to receive direct marketing communications: we keep most of this personal data for the duration of our relationship with you until you opt-out or we do not have any contact with you for a long period of time;
- Personal data collected for analytics purposes: we keep this personal data for a short period of time necessary for us to carry out the analytics;
- Site logs: we keep Site audit logs, which may contain your personal data, for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected.
- Your Rights and Choices
We offer you certain choices about how we communicate with you and what information we obtain from you Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. You may exercise these choices by contacting us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
If you are located in the State of California, you may have the following additional rights in relation to personal data we collect about you:
- To request that we delete your personal information;
- To request that we correct inaccurate personal information;
- To request that we disclose (A) the categories of personal information we collect, (B) the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected, (C) the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing your personal information, (D) the categories of third parties to whom we disclose your personal information, and (E) the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- To direct us, at any time, not to sell or share (“Opt-Out”) your personal information;
- To direct us, at any time, to limit our use of your sensitive personal information to that use which is necessary to perform the services or provide the goods requested and agreed by you;
- To be free from discrimination or retaliation as a result of your exercise of any of the above rights including, but not limited to: (A) Denying goods or services to you, (B) charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties, (C) providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you, (D) Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Updates to Our Online Privacy Notice
We may update this Notice periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal data practices or relevant laws. We will post the updated version and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
- How to Contact Us Regarding This Policy and Your California Privacy Rights
If you have any questions or comments about this Notice or any issue relating to how we collect, use, or disclose personal data, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, you may contact us:
By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In writing at: LCI 111 Anza Boulevard, Suite 310 Burlingame, CA 94010